Brilliant Ideas for Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for Kids
Kids should learn how to write compare and contrast essays, so that they will later be able to compose complicated cause and effect papers. However, they need to study the essay writing basics first. It is a bad idea to rush and start writing an introduction. Draw a smart chart that represents the structure of the paper and helps you organize the paragraphs. You should also make a simple list of the subjects’ characteristics you want to compare, and then write down two separate lists of similarities and differences. This way, you will have enough material to compose a thesis statement.
The following subjects are interesting to compare; they may give you a brilliant idea for a compare and contrast essay topic.
- Independence Day and Christmas Eve.
- Your best friend and your cousin.
- Being a teacher and being a lawyer.
- Writing English homework and going shopping.
- The influence of books and the influence of TV.
- The Middle Ages and the Renaissance.
- Drinking soda and drinking juice.
- Watching a movie in the cinema and at home.
- Spending time with your family and spending time with your classmates.
- Being poor and being rich.
- Rock music and pop music.
- Traditional education and online learning.
- Football and tennis.
- Obesity and anorexia.
- Fast food and a healthy diet.
- Traditional medicine and Chinese medicine.
- Democracy and communism.
- Social media and paper media.
- Paper books and electronic books.
- Pet birds and pet rats.
If you find a list of essay topics online or in a textbook, you should check whether you are going to compare the subjects from a similar breadth area. Do not waste your time trying to compare incomparable subjects, for example, comparing achievements of Niels Bohr and Michael Jackson. The former was an outstanding Danish physicist, while the latter was a famous musician. Obviously, you need to find professionals from the same field if you want to write about personalities. For instance, compare the musical style of Michael Jackson with a style of another musician.
Once you have chosen a topic, make sure it is narrow enough so that the subject is clearly specified. Visit your teacher and make sure that the chosen topic is appropriate. Then, brainstorm the ideas for body paragraphs and do some research. Do not forget to take notes and write down information about sources. Then, you can prepare a draft version of the essay, compose a strong conclusion, and check if you have enough evidence and examples to support your thesis statement.
Essay Writing Tips
- Top 10 cause/effect topics
- Avoid annoying hackneyed phrases
- Cause and effect paper hints
- Structuring your essay properly
- Introduction and topic sentence tricks
- Vietnam War: topics for essay writers
- How to write academic essays properly
- Lung cancer: essay sample
- Choosing humanities paper subjects
- 1984 VS Animal Farm: comparative essay
- Teachers' guide for interested
- Literature essay: a book to choose
- Main parts of your persuasive essay
Get professional paper writing assistance from: http://pimpmypaper.com - paper writers for hire.
Need help with term paper? Get it done with this service - expert PhD writers.