How To Choose Topics For A Descriptive Essay
Writing a descriptive essay is pretty easy once you know how to do it. A descriptive essay is one that will describe something to your audience. The best way to accomplish this is by creating a mental picture of what you are trying to describe using all of your senses.
A descriptive essay should be one that tells the reader how something looks as well as how it feels. It should describe how it smells and what sounds it makes. If you are writing a descriptive essay about your favorite animal, it should tell the reader how the animal smells, how it looks, how it feels, and how it sounds. I don’t think that you would need to let your reader know how the animal tastes. That may be taking it a little too far. But appeal to the senses that make sense for that object.
Choosing a topic:
This depends a little on what class that you are asked to write your paper for. More than likely this will be for an English class and you can really write it on any topic. However, if it is for a science class, be sure to pick a topic that is relevant.
Here is a list of the elements:
- 1. Relevant: You want your topic to be relevant to the class. If your art teacher wants you to write a descriptive essay about a famous painting, you need to write about a famous painting. If she just asks you to write a descriptive essay, then you would want to find a topic that relates to art and writing about your favorite animal would not be relevant.
- 2. Descriptive: The next element is to write about something that you can describe well. That means you would want to know what color it was, what it feels like to touch it, what it smells like. The more senses that you can invoke the better your essay will be.
- 3. Creative: You want to also try to be creative by choosing a topic that is not common. Choose something that not everyone is aware of. Choosing to write a descriptive essay about a car is going to be so boring. Almost everyone has had an experience with a car.
These are the three things to consider when choosing a topic for your descriptive essay. Remember the more detail that you can write about, the better your essay will be.
Essay Writing Tips
- Top 10 cause/effect topics
- Avoid annoying hackneyed phrases
- Cause and effect paper hints
- Structuring your essay properly
- Introduction and topic sentence tricks
- Vietnam War: topics for essay writers
- How to write academic essays properly
- Lung cancer: essay sample
- Choosing humanities paper subjects
- 1984 VS Animal Farm: comparative essay
- Teachers' guide for interested
- Literature essay: a book to choose
- Main parts of your persuasive essay
Get professional paper writing assistance from: http://pimpmypaper.com - paper writers for hire.
Need help with term paper? Get it done with this service - expert PhD writers.