How to Find a Good Controversial Topic for Your Essay
When you are assigned to do an essay on a controversial topic, it can be scary because your point of view might not be the easy to write about. There are some easy things that you can do to make the selection process less stressful.
What to do first
- Choose the topic: The first thing that you want to do is choose the topic you will be writing about. You want to pick on that you have a strong connection with or that you are passionate about. This will make the writing and research process easier.
- Choose your side: Once you have your topic you have to choose a side. Which side are you on? This is the side that most of your essay will be about.
- Research: Now that you have your topic and side, you have to start your research. You want to keep in mind you side and the other side of the topic because you will be using both in your essay.
Writing the essay
- - The first thing you should do before you even start to write you essay is to outline the content of the essay. This will make you essay easier to write and will show you holes in your research, which you can them fill in.
- - Now you want to write the introduction, this should be a short explanation of the topic and you tell your audience what you stand is on the topic.
- - The body of the essay is where you layout your evidence to back up your opinion. This should consist of hard facts not made up ones. If you don’t have hard facts, it will make your paper sound trivial and lazy.
- - The last paragraph is where you state your viewpoint again but not in a preachy way but in a way that will leave the reader thinking about your viewpoint. You want to persuade the audience, not force your opinion down their throat.
The point of this kind of essay is to take a good topic and examine a side that you believe in. It can be overwhelming finding the topic and doing the work but in the end you are showing you audience a point of view that they might have not thought of before. As the writer you want to grab your audience and use your knowledge on the topic to show them a different way to look at the topic of your essay.
Essay Writing Tips
- Top 10 cause/effect topics
- Avoid annoying hackneyed phrases
- Cause and effect paper hints
- Structuring your essay properly
- Introduction and topic sentence tricks
- Vietnam War: topics for essay writers
- How to write academic essays properly
- Lung cancer: essay sample
- Choosing humanities paper subjects
- 1984 VS Animal Farm: comparative essay
- Teachers' guide for interested
- Literature essay: a book to choose
- Main parts of your persuasive essay
Get professional paper writing assistance from: http://pimpmypaper.com - paper writers for hire.
Need help with term paper? Get it done with this service - expert PhD writers.